Booking Terms & Conditions
Téarmaí & Coinníollacha Áirithinte
By purchasing a ticket to The Achill Experience, Aquarium and Visitor Centre, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions of your booking as well as how we use customer information and our Covid-19 procedures.
- The Achill Experience, Aquarium and Visitor Centre reserve the right to edit the ticket options and prices at any time before you book. Once the booking has been paid and confirmed, the price will not change unless the customer wishes to amend, refund or cancel their booking (Please find information regarding amendments, refunds and cancellations below).
- All ticket prices are quoted in Euros, please note The Achill Experience, Aquarium and Visitor Centre only accepts this currency.
- Customers can only gain access to The Achill Experience, Aquarium and Visitor Centre buy purchasing tickets or using a valid voucher or family pass (Please find information regarding gift vouchers and family passes below).
- In order to redeem your ticket, please ensure you have your reference number ready for check-in at the entrance of the Aquarium.
- Children aged 2 and under go free into the aquarium. Only children aged 2 years and under are eligible for these tickets. Please note that you may be asked by a member of staff to clarify the age of the child booked in as a 2 and under ticket to ensure the rules associated with the ticket are behind adhered to.
- Children aged 16 and under are eligible for a child ticket. Only children aged 16 and under qualify for these tickets and must be accompanied by an adult during their visit. Please note that you may be asked by a member of staff to clarify the age of the child booked in as a child ticket to ensure the rules associated with the ticket are behind adhered to.
- Persons aged over 16 on entry are classed as an adult ticket and must therefore select the adult ticket option when booking either online or in-house.
- It is the sole responsibility of the ticket bearer to ensure they have checked their booking. If there are any problems with the booking we ask the customer to contact us either by phone (098 43292) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The information provided by the customer during a booking is confidential and will not be passed on. We may use this information privately for statistical purposes to continue to improve and evolve the Achill Experience.
- Achill Experience Vouchers & Family Passes: Any customer who wishes to book online tickets using an Achill Experience gift voucher must contact us either by phone (098 43292) or email (email@example.com). While our online booking system does not currently allow for a ‘Book with Voucher’ option, vouchers are still valid and will be honoured provided the voucher is still in date, has not already been redeemed and by contacting us to manually secure the booking.
- Customers who are in possession of Family Passes and wish to book a visit must contact us either by phone (098 43292) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). While our online booking system does not currently allow for a ‘Book with Family Pass’ option, these passes are still valid and will be honoured provided the voucher has visits left to claim, is being used by the named person on the pass and by contacting us to manually secure the booking.
- Vouchers and Family Passes are still available to purchase by contacting us either by phone (098 43292) or email (email@example.com).
Booking Amendments, Refunds & Cancellations:
- Booking Amendments: If you wish to change the time/date of your booking, you must contact The Achill Experience either by phone (098 43292) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 48 hours before your existing booking. Changes to bookings made after this time period will incur a €10 administration charge.
- Cancellation by you: If you wish to cancel your visit, you must give The Achill Experience at least 48 hours’ notice by contacting us either via phone (098 43292) or email (email@example.com). Cancelled bookings in which the customer does not provide 2 days’ notice will not be eligible for a refund or date transfer.
- Cancellation by us: In the unlikely event The Achill Experience has to cancel your visit for a significant reason beyond our control (e.g. weather warnings, maintenance issue, safety concern etc.) we will always aim to give you as much notice as possible. Should such an unprecedented instance occur, the following options will be offered to you:
- Late for your slot: If you are running late for your time slot, we ask that you please contact The Achill Experience either by phone (098 43292) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible. If you do arrive late while your slot is in progress, you will be allowed entry however you will not be granted any extra time in lieu of the time you missed nor will you be eligible for a refund or date transfer.
- Do not show up for slot: Failure to arrive for your pre-booked time slot without contacting the Achill Experience prior to your expected arrival will result in no refund or date transfer.
- Children aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- While we will be accepting customers who wish to book on the day in person, please be aware that time slots do sell out and we cannot guarantee slots for your preferred time.
- In conjunction with Irish Law, smoking is strictly prohibited within all in-door public spaces in the Achill Experience, Aquarium and Visitor Centre.
- We kindly ask that visitors arrive at least 5 minutes before their time slot in order to check in.
- When you arrive on site and have parked your car, please make your way to the check-in desk which is located directly inside the gift shop entrance. If you have pre-booked, please ensure you have your tickets downloaded and ready for check-in upon arrival.
- It is extremely important that visitors do not place their hands on any of the tanks in the aquarium. This is to not only protect the customers but also to protect the health and wellbeing of our fish.
- Once your time slot has finished and you have moved on to the next stage of your visit. There is no re-entry into the aquarium.
- With the exception of guide or assistance dogs, strictly no pets are allowed on or in the premises of The Achill Experience.
- The Achill Experience, Aquarium and Visitor Centre reserves the right to remove or refuse entry to anyone who behaves in a manner believed to be unsafe, abusive, disruptive or influenced by a substance. Any persons who have been refused entry or removed for any of the reasons as stated will not be eligible for a refund or date transfer.
- Due to the health and well-being of the Achill Aquarium sea life, photography is only allowed on the condition that no flash will be used.
- If for any reason you are unhappy with your visit, we ask that you either make a staff member aware during your visit so we can try and resolve the issue as quickly and efficiently as possible or by contacting us via phone (098 43292) or email (email@example.com).
- If you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms before your visit, have tested positive or need to self-isolate, we kindly ask that you postpone your visit and contact us either via phone (098 43292) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) where we can assist with your booking.
- If you feel unwell or are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms during your visit, we ask that you make a staff member aware where will initiate our Covid-19 procedures to ensure you, your fellow customers and our staff are kept safe.
- By purchasing a ticket to The Achill Experience you have acknowledged you have read and agree to our terms and conditions regarding booking, house rules and Covid-19 procedures.
Online Shopping Terms and Conditions
Téarmaí agus Coinníollacha Siopadóireachta Ar Líne
Thank you for shopping with us and for your order; we hope to see you again soon.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all orders placed by you with Achill Experience (Comhlacht Forbartha Áitíuaíl Acla Teo).
Comhlacht Forbartha Áitíuaíl Acla Teo is a registered business in the Republic of Ireland with the registration number 319876. We are also registered as a charity under number CHY14262. These Terms and Conditions only apply to consumers and do not apply to retailers or business owners/companies.
How it works
Once you have ordered and paid for your goods on achillexperience.ie, we will send you an email confirming details of your order providing that you submitted an accurate email address when placing your order. We will send you another email to confirm when we have dispatched your order. We cannot guarantee that all the ordered goods are available in our inventory at all times but we will ship these as soon as possible.
We encourage you to print or save a copy of these Terms and Conditions, your payment information for paying online and shipping confirmation e-mail immediately upon receipt, in case you need to contact us with any questions about your order. If you notice that any of the information emailed to you is incorrect please contact us immediately so we can correct it.
All prices are stated inclusive of all applicable sales taxes. The price applicable is the price set out next to the product in question on the website on the date of ordering. While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
We accept payment via PayPal and an option to pay by card if you do not have a PayPal account.
Delivery is made by Fastway Couriers and we aim to deliver within Ireland in 3-7 working days. We make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated timescales; however delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors. If we do not deliver the goods within the estimated timescales you may call upon us to make the delivery within an additional period of time appropriate to the circumstances. If we fail to deliver the goods within that additional period of time, you shall be entitled to terminate the contract. We have the risk and liability for damage to the goods during transport when delivering until you or someone appointed by you have taken physical possession of the goods. If you choose to return the goods regardless of the situation you will have the risk and liability for damage to the goods during transport when returning until we have taken physical possession of the goods.
Any complaints will be handled by our customer care team in accordance with the relevant national legislation. Please use the contact us option on our website to get in touch.
If any errors or defects should occur with our products, you may claim remedy in accordance with statutory law on the sale of consumer goods.
How to contact us
If you have any questions, comments or complaints please do not hesitate to contact our customer care team by telephone on +353 (0)9843292 or by email at email@example.com
When visiting achillexperience.ie or sending e-mails to, you are communicating electronically with us. We communicate with the customers by e-mail or by posting notices on the web-site. For contractual purposes you consent to receive electronic communications from us, and agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other electronic communications that we provide satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This clause does not affect any statutory rights you might have.
We assume no liability other than what follows of statutory legislation. We cannot in any event be held liable for any indirect or consequential losses, including but not limited to loss of or damage to data through use of our website.
Portrayal of Products
While every effort has been made to portray items accurately, slight variations may occur. All measurements quoted are approximate and the reproduction of colours is as accurate as photographic and publishing processes will allow. Please note there may be variations in colours dependent on the calibration and settings of individual screens. We make reservations for any typing errors which may occur on the website.
We do not sell products for purchase by children. Persons under 18 years of age or persons who do not possess full legal capacity may only use our website with a supervision and involvement of a parent or guardian and may not purchase goods directly themselves.
These Conditions only apply to consumers and do not apply to retailers or business owners/companies. We define retailers or business owners/companies as those who place orders where the items/products cannot be expected to be ordered for personal use. In these circumstances we can cancel the order without being liable in any way.